Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rolling Bones BBQ – Atlanta, GA

rollingbones1 This week we are back in the city, trying the local stuff. We’d read good things about Rolling Bones, so we thought we’d give it a shot. We hopped on the motorcycle and took a short ride down to Edgewood Ave to see what all the hype was about.

My first impression was that Rolling Bones BBQ had a fast food type atmosphere complete with a drive through window. I tried the sweet tea and was underwhelmed and thought I should begin preparing myself for disappointment.

But then our meal arrived. Wow. 

rollingbones3

I opened the container of Brunswick stew and immediately noticed the huge chunks of fresh vegetables and meats. I took a bite and knew I had misjudged the place. The sandwich was huge and as good as the stew . I was very impressed. The slaw includes carrot raisin salad. Jennifer didn’t quite care for it. I found it a bit bland. Overall, this place is top notch. Highly recommended.

I guess that will teach me to judge too quickly.

rollingbones2

Item

Tommy

Jennifer

Sandwich pigfullpigfullpigfullpigfullpigfull     pigfullpigfullpigfullpigfullpigfull
Stew pigfullpigfullpigfullpigfullpigfull pigfullpigfullpigfullpigfullpigfull
Slaw pigfullpigfull pigfullpigfull
Tea pigfullpigfull pigfullpigfull
Atmosphere pigfullpigfullpigfull pigfullpigfullpigfull

 

Rolling Bones BBQ
377 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, GA 30312
www.rollingbonesbbq.com


Map picture

No comments:

Post a Comment